Wednesday, December 8, 2010

moving and unpacking....

I apologize for my absence. Things have been so very busy. The day before Thanksgiving everything was loaded onto the moving truck. It is a curious thing to see your life being stuffed into a truck. Ours filled 3/4 of the moving van.





Thursday morning, Thanksgiving, we started the long drive to Texas. Patrick in one car with his Mom and her dog, me in our CRV with Max and Sophie. I had my camera with me but when you are traveling with one Mother,  two cars and three dogs there isn't time use it. The drive took three days. The mountains of West Virginia and Tennessee were beautiful even though we missed the peak of the fall foliage. In Louisiana we crossed the Mississippi. I thought that bridge would be the worst. I was wrong I10 holds a surprise a bridge that is low but long.... 20ish miles long! Anyone who knows me knows that this was a very traumatic thing. I am still having bad dreams about it. We arrived in Texas in the early afternoon on Saturday. Sunday we hit the grocery store, let the dogs explore their new neighborhood, got the keys to Mom's apartment and waited for the truck driver to call. Monday they delivered our things.


The dining room, kitchen, spare room and bedroom are stacked with boxes. We left the living room mostly empty so that we would have room to work and rest. My sister in law, Caroline, came and helped me quickly unpack Mom's apartment. Once she was settled I could take my time unpacking my things.




I have been steadily unpacking. The kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, living room and dining room are unpacked but the spare room if full of all of my sewing/crafting supplies, still in boxes and all of the empty boxes that have to be saved for our next move.  In between unpacking we have managed a third trip to Ikea ( it is less than 5 miles away). Dressers were bought and assembled. I have also met with our Realtor and started our house hunt.



Today I am changing my focus from unpacking to Christmas so that I am ready for the kids' visits. Just wait until you see our Texas sized tree.






signature 1

No comments:

Post a Comment