Monday, May 16, 2011

sewing...





My sewing room is only half set up. There are still a few boxes, some unwanted furniture and only a make shift cutting table but I am back in front of my sewing machine. I have been invited to a neighborhood baby shower. The day before I received my invitation I got an email from the hostess saying that she knows I don't really know the expectant mom but that all of the ladies on the street will be there would I please come. I of course said yes which means I need to sew. I threw together I quick quilt planning my design around the ease of quilting it. I am a terrible machine quilter. I just am. In order to machine quilt ( in free motion) one must have rhythm. I have none. So if I wanted this quilt done in time for the shower I know it had to be something that would be quilted in straight lines using my walking foot. I love the design! It is so simple and I was able to cut, piece and quilt it in two days. I am going to bind it today and then I will post a photo of the finished quilt.






signature 1

No comments:

Post a Comment