Sunday, November 14, 2010

quilts, quilts, quilts...

I have been neglecting my blog. I am sorry, things have been very hectic. Our house in Maryland is under contract and we are moving in 10 days!! I am taking a break from list making, phone calls and organizing for the movers to post the promised pictures of the quilts from the show.

There were quilts of every kind. The creativity and talent were both awe inspiring and a little daunting.



simple and beautiful

An amazing portrait made completely of fabric yo-yos.

The points on this quilt were perfect.

This quilt was created using lots of small pieces of fabric that were placed
on top of a larger piece of fabric. It was all then covered by
tulle and the quilting was done on top of that.


I love red and white quilts and am collecting reds for one of my own.

The focus of this year's show was Baltimore Album Quilts so applique like this were around every corner.

This hand pieced beauty was made up of approx 23,000 pieces. Can you imagine?

Wow right?



 I saw many,many beautiful quilts, each made my heart happy. This next quilt was awesome and thought provoking. With all that is happening in Haiti and the hurricanes hitting there as I walked the floor of the festival this quilt tugged at your heart. I can not get this quilt out of my mind. Painted then quilted by Hollis Chatelain this quilt brought tears to my eyes. You absolutely must click on the next to photos to see them larger. The painting is beautiful but the quilting is incredible. The quilting shows images of other children...



Amazing!!



signature 1

No comments:

Post a Comment