Wednesday, November 3, 2010

some assembly required




I am here in our new apartment. I landed Friday evening, came to check out our new digs and unload the luggage, then we were off and running. We had dinner at the local Rosie Carabbas (apparently the Carabbas family live locally), then headed to Target to begin stocking the apartment. I think I set a world record for Target shopping. I over filled a cart in 20 minutes. After that we headed back to our soon to be  less empty apartment, inflated our air mattress and went to sleep. Saturday morning I put away most of our Target purchases and realized we had forgotten some things. Back to Target. We dropped off those packages and headed for the mall. JC Penney's and Sears were the next to receive a little love from our wallets. A new TV, pillows and towels then back to the apartment. Big shopping in a convertible means lots of trips home to unload the car to make room for the next trip. The cable guy came on Saturday and set up our cable tv, phone and internet. That took a few hours and our new phone is making out going calls but incoming calls are not coming through they are going to voice mail. A project for my next trip. Time for more shopping, this time at Ikea. It was packed!!! They had apparently had a costume contest/trick or treating event. We ordered a bed and a TV stand to be delivered the next morning. We purchased two chairs and a footstool which we took home with us. Patrick assembled those while I ran to the grocery store. It was wonderful to finally have something to sit on when I returned with the groceries.On Sunday morning the bed and TV stand arrived and again Patrick did the assembling. Anyone who knows us know this is not the norm. I am usually the one who put things together. I was happy to hand over the tools. While he built furniture I ran out to the mall for a few other things. By late Sunday afternoon all the basics were in place. The bathroom and kitchen are functional, we have a place to sit, and a bed to sleep in and Patrick has a TV and I have the internet. All in all a good start.
signature 1

No comments:

Post a Comment